Saturday, January 20, 2007

Second generation library

Today there was an opening session today on Library 2.0 in SL, announced at http://infoisland.org

While people were sitting neatly in world at the auditorium, almost not chatting in public, there was an audio interview streamed (outside of SL, at the Worldbridges channel). I may have missed a tour of the surroundings, but I took some nice snapshots of those sitting people apparently listening. And I took notes of their names, looking up the personal infos, as I knew literally nobody present (at least not from their play names

I'm a bit intrigued about the need for getting together in a hefty graphic 3D environment, just for listening to streaming audio; as far as I could see, nothing else was happening, Yes, we were virtually present, somehow. Interacting socially, apparently not much.

The event will repeat, or continue, tomorrow Sunday 21 at 3 pm PST /2300 GMT

But you will not find me among the silent listeners this time.

No comments: